Tue, Oct 25|
Warrior Poet Society - EDC Combatives
This 2 day course introduces the fundamentals of SOCP (Special Operations Combatives Program), as well as techniques from other combat-focused disciplines designed to meet the threats of day to day civilian life.
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2022, 8:00 AM – Oct 26, 2022, 5:00 PM
Auburndale, 202 E Park St, Auburndale, FL 33823, USA
About the event
This 2 day course introduces the fundamentals of SOCP (Special Operations Combatives Program), as well as techniques from other combat-focused disciplines designed to meet the threats of day to day civilian life. Topics covered will include basic self defense techniques, pistol takeaways, knife takeaways, EDC setups, situational awareness, mindset, and hand to hand combat introduction. While these skills and techniques are employed by Special Forces Operators, they are life-or-death practices that are integral to self defense for any civilian.
15 year Army veteran Joshua Griffiths has an extensive special operations background serving in 75th Ranger Regiment 2nd Ranger Battalion, 10 Special Forces Group CRF (Crisis Response Force). Serving as an instructor for both 10th SFG and currently 20th SFG SFAUCC (Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat Course); Joshua is extremely well versed in teaching Special Operations Tactics, specifically close quarters combat, Executive Protection, SOCP (Special Operations Combatives Program), rifle/pistol tactics with substantial experience in theater with 8 combat deployments serving Iraq, Afghanistan, Niger, and Saudi Arabia (serving on former President Donald Trump’s Presidential Protection detail), in addition to 4 contracting trips overseas outside of his military career serving on executive protection details in Middle Eastern countries for the US Government.
Joshua is a man of faith with strong family and Christian values. He enjoys spending time with his family, jeeping, and being outdoors. He is passionate about teaching and bringing the knowledge he’s gained from the military to assist others in training for the safety of themselves and their families.
18 years of age, US Citizen, legally allowed to possess a firearm, physically capable or in good health enough to take part in a “sparring” type situations.
What You Should Bring
- Clothing practical for EDC (pants/shorts capable of supporting a holster)
- Long sleeves, pants, gloves, and some form of neck protection (scarf, shemagh, etc.) for force on force, UTM on day 2.
- Bring lunch and water for both days
- Mouth piece and cup are optional
- Encouraged to bring the holster you EDC with to stress test it in realistic/"train like you fight" conditions. (Glock 17/22/19/23 compatible). Holsters will be provided other wise.
- Trim finger nails and toe nails to prevent scratching/cutting partner
- Shoes: shoes on mats will be limited to low tread shoes (ie: boxing, wrestling, Chuck Taylor’s) *the wearing of shoes is a case by case basis depending on venues wishes*
Refund Policy for Classes
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
- If you would like to reschedule your training, please contact our support team at least 30 days before the class date to receive your credit for future training. If we do not hear from you before then, you will not be eligible to receive any credit.